Thursday, October 28, 2010

Basic Visual Concepts and Principles - Book Style Reveiw

Basic Visual Concepts and Principles, by Charles Wallschlaeger and Cynthia Busic-Snyder, I'm sure, has some very interesting material. But I'm not writing about that.
I took some inspiration from the layout and style of this Swiss styled book for our timeline assignment and found it quite helpful in regards to paragraph styles, spacing, colour, font, image placement etc. It has a timeline that I got inspiration from and also how they display their images as i would be doing the same. I really like the Swiss use of font sizing, large contrasting headings and small body text. There is lots of white breathing space and interesting indents, alignments, master page differences, page numbering & grid work.
It's available from Joh (or in the staff room, I believe).


No comments:

Post a Comment